The crisis rocking Ekiti State may soon be over if the latest move by traditional rulers in the state turns successful.
At a statutory meeting held on Tuesday in Ekiti State by the monarchs, it was resolved that the waring parties would be called to a round table talk.
The traditional rulers, under the aegis of the Ekiti State Council Of Traditional Rulers, issued a communique signed by its Chairman, HRM Oba A.I Babalola, and called on the executive and the legislative arms of government; the waring parties, to attend a meeting with them.
They described the crisis as domestic and frowned at politicising it.
The communique reads;
1. The issue of the frosty relationship between the Executive and Legislative arms of Government came up for discussion at the statutory meeting of Ekiti State Traditional Rulers today 25th Nov 2014.
2. Council observed and noted with grave concern that:
(a) the relationship between the two arms of Government has gone awry.
(B-) the political gladiators have unfortunately taken the matter beyond the borders of Ekiti State.
(c) the matter has been heavily politicized with the resultant heating up of the polity.
3. As major stakeholders and leaders of our people, council has decided to intervene by calling the two parties to order in the overall interest of Ekiti State.
4. Council is of the strong view that the whole matter is purely domestic and ought not to have been externalised as it is currently being done.
5. Council expressed strong feelings that the duo are representatives of Ekiti State and can therefore not afford to do anything inimical to the welfare and well being of the state.
6. Having painstakingly considered the issues involved, council therefore resolved to invite the two parties to a roundtable discussion geared towards restoring peace, concord and a harmonious working relationship between the two arms of government.
HRM Oba A.I Babalola,